The Assembly of Québec Catholic Bishops has announced the following:
Until further notice:
- All masses are cancelled.
- Faith First classes are cancelled.
- Adoration Chapel is also closed until further notice.
More information will be shared as it gets available.
Thank you for your understanding and pray for those affected.
Keeping our faith
During these difficult times, when attending Mass in person is not possible, we offer some resources to hear and watch daily Mass.
- Vision TV, Mass is on Mon-Sat at 8 am and noon; on Sundays at 9 am – please check your local listing.
- Via internet, Bishop Robert Barron will celebrate Mass every day in his private chapel. https://www.wordonfire.org/daily-mass
- Via internet, Daily TV Mass on https://dailytvmass.com/
While you are watching Mass, you can receive a Spiritual Communion.
What is Spiritual Communion?
It is Communion with Christ present in the Eucharist, not by receiving him sacramentally, but by the sole desire proceeding from faith. The value of spiritual communion rests on faith in the presence of Christ in the Eucharist as the source of life, love and unity. It is a privileged means of uniting with Christ for those who cannot commune physically. (John 4:15) The Samaritan woman says to Jesus, "Lord, give me some of this water, that I may not thirst any more...".
A simple little method for living spiritual communion:
- Make an act of faith (say a prayer of your choice).
- Make an act of desire, making oneself totally available to His Word and to what He wants to tell us. Desire that the Lord make his dwelling place in us. Here we recommend reading the Gospel of the day, meditating on it, and saying the inspired prayer of St. Alphonsus Liguori (below).
- Give thanks in the same way as if we had really been in communion with the Body of Christ, giving thanks to the Father and asking him by his Spirit to unfold in us all the fruits of charity.
Christ is always there with His Church (the people of God), especially in liturgical actions. He is there present in the sacrifice of the Mass. He is present, by his power, in the sacraments to the point that when someone baptizes, it is Christ himself who baptizes. He is there present in his word, for it is he who speaks while the Holy Scriptures are read in the Church. Finally, he is present when the Church prays and sings the psalms, he who promised: "Where two or three are gathered together (spiritually) in my name, there am I in the midst of them" (Mt 18:20). (From the Conciliar Constitution on the Liturgy SC7)
Prayer inspired by St. Alphonsus Liguori
Lord Jesus, I believe in your presence in the Blessed Sacrament. I love you more than anything else and I desire that you come again today in my soul. Like many other Christians in the world, I cannot receive you sacramentally today in my Heart. Far from my community, however, I am with each one of my brothers and sisters, available today to Your Word. I know that You are there, truly present, listening to the clamor of the world. Come and visit me spiritually. Come and speak to me as to each one of your friends. Hold me in the communion of all the saints. Keep me united to the whole Church in heaven and on earth. I want to unite myself to you entirely. Do not allow me to be separated from you. Amen
This is the website of Saint Patrick of the Island Church. We are an English Catholic Church located in Pincourt Quebec. Serving the community west of Ste-Anne of Bellevue to the Ontario border
Do you have any suggestion about what would you like to see here? Just write us.
Please check back later...
In our parish...
Please check back later...